2020 has been an extremely challenging time for many people and as we approach the festive season, it is important to us here at THE Agency (more than ever this year) that we offer our support again to those desperately in need of assistance from the local foodbanks.
As you may know, each year we work with many of our clients, candidates and friends in bringing together cash and food donations for the The Welcome Centre in Huddersfield.
Last year – December 2019, we raised almost £700.00 in food donations! This year, we aim to double our contribution! But we need your help!
We are looking for people to assist us by spreading the word and asking their friends and family if they can help! It doesn’t have to be a huge amount – every little helps! (as one of the well knows supermarkets likes to quote!)…
Did you know that food banks provide more than groceries? Food banks provide families and individuals in need with many basic items such as toiletries, bedding, warm winter coats and more. The existence of food banks is something that is extremely saddening, and the need to support them is absolutely essential. The Welcome Centre provides such vital support to many who simply couldn’t cope without it, and so we’re calling on your support to help out.
How will we do this?
We will be doing a big food shop for the food bank, taking in food, household and toiletry items that respond to their current shortages, and dropping this off before Christmas.
We know that we’re really lucky, so it feels good to be able to do something meaningful like this, particularly around this time of year. So, if you would like to join us, please feel free to pitch in. You can do this in a number of ways:
- Make a cash donation that we can put together with our own – please contact Kimbarnes@theagency.org.uk or 07957 507794 / 01274 869100
- Take a look at The Welcome Centre’s current shortage list and drop in a tin or two at our Cleckheaton office before 1.00pm on Friday December 4th 2020.
- Please note that we have COVID safety measures in place, however, please contact us beforehand to arrange a drop off time. Please don’t forgot to wear a mask! Thank you.
- You can contact The Welcome Centre directly, if you wish to do your own thing
- Take a look for local food banks in your area and get in touch with them to see what they need.
Thank you in advance to all of you who are happy to help at what has to be one of the most difficult times ever for families and individuals relying on support from people like us supporting their lifelines – the food banks.