Role: Our client is a privately owned business that has been established for almost 90 years and has an annual turnover of c£80million per year! As a market leader within their field, they pride themselves on having an enviable team providing a first-class service to their customers both in the UK and overseas.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Shipping and Purchasing Administrator required for a Leading International Manufacturer of Textile products based in Mirfield. This will be temporary cover for 1 month, however, due to the business workloads this may be extended. The successful candidate must have knowledge of shipping consignments by deep sea, air and road from global markets and experience of dealing with suppliers, carriers/forwarders at origin is essential. The understanding of import documentation to support shipments such as customs invoices, packing lists, Bills of Lading is also essential, experience of letters of credit and Incoterms would be an advantage. The start date is Monday 10th May 2021.
- Organising international shipments and container bookings with carriers
- Record keeping and administration of all imports and associated documents
- Tracking incoming shipments up to arrival in the UK via in-house ship log system and freight carrier tracking platforms
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of UK Customs and Excise as well as import commodity codes
- Working with transport carriers and providing import clearance instructions in line with Customs Procedures, commodity codes, duties, and taxes etc
- Reviewing import documentation provided by carriers to ensure that customs entries are correct
- Checking and approving import transport/ charges invoices to ensure that invoiced amount matches expectations
- Reviewing monthly reports, SAP bookings and invoices to ensure the records match, notifying any anomalies to the finance team (duty file)
- Raising purchase orders
- Opening Letters of credit
- Liaising with respective supply chain teams, warehouses, and third-party storage facilities