Role: Our well-established Client provides specialist expertise and the highest quality products for material processing, surface protection and service with each of these services being controlled by a dedicated team of industry professionals. The business actively develops engineered solutions for mining and quarrying, materials handling, mineral processing and general industries such as the food, pharmaceutical and printing trades.
Our client is now looking to expand their workshop team and as a result they are looking to recruit 2 new members of staff who ideally have either previous rubber trade experience or mechanical experience working on a lathe or engineering equipment. This experience is essential and regretfully candidates without the required experience will not be considered as this is quite a niche market.
Both these roles are permanent, and you will be required to have the experience and skills to carry out the role as a rubber roll producer vulcanising team member with the ability to be part of a team carrying out the covering, vulcanising of pulleys, plates, to various specifications. The job role is varied and includes a wide skill set, such as centre lathe work, cylindrical grinding, mechanical lifting implements and hands-on building.
Full training will be given for candidates who do not hold experience in the vulcanising of rubber products.
Workshop duties will include:
- Working with steel rolls, aluminium rolls, steel plates.
- Stripping old rubber from various substrates.
- Preparing the surface and applying the necessary bonding agents.
- Preparing and cutting rubber as per the job requirements of the customer.
- Applying rubber in different formats to the differing substrates as described above.
- Using and working with several different processes of vulcanizing such as hot & cold bonding.