Role: We are currently working on this excellent opportunity to join one of our highly respected local businesses. Our client is looking for an experienced Purchasing / Inventory Manager to join their hard working, friendly team.
The role is varied and demanding and requires an excellent working knowledge of excel, strong organisational skills and the ability to work to specific deadlines. Previous experience within purchasing, inventory control and team management is essential for this role.
On a day-to-day basis the role will involve the following: -
- Managing the stock inventory for the business, with thousands of stock products
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers
- Purchasing items from suppliers
- Managing the team of purchasing / inventory controllers
- Producing stock plans and reports
- Liaising with internal and external colleagues