Role: We are currently working in this excellent opportunity to join one of our highly respected local businesses. Our client is looking for an experienced Purchasing / Inventory Controller to join their hard working, friendly team.
The role is varied and demanding and requires an excellent working knowledge of excel, strong organisational skills and the ability to work to specific deadlines. Previous experience within purchasing and inventory control is essential for this role.
On a day-to-day basis the role will involve the following: -
- Dealing with the stock levels, with thousands of stock products
- Checking stock levels and forecasting/planning for restock levels
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers
- Purchasing items from suppliers
- Working alongside the team of purchasing / inventory controllers
- Producing stock plans and reports
- Liaising with internal and external colleagues