Role: Our prestigious Client is a UK owned and managed business with nearly 80 years of product history. They produce goods principally for the UK Retail markets and over the last 6 years, this multimillion-pound business has tripled in size and has built up an enviable reputation for delivering a high-quality service to a broad spectrum of customers.
Now seeking an experience Project Engineer to join their team at Redditch.
You will have responsibility and accountability for all engineering and technical disciplines across agreed projects including but not limited to scheduling, planning, forecasting, resourcing, and managing all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to execution in a specified timeframe.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor assigned engineering projects
- Technical assessment of supplier quotations
- Write detailed and accurate Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS)
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status to senior management
- Review KPI’s deliverables with suppliers and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Resolve technical and logistical issues as they arise
- Drive and lead procurement of materials through creation and review of bill of quantities
- Evaluate, organise and prioritise workload within the schedule
- Programme management: adherence to programmes and report to management on any discrepancies
- Supplier management: day to day liaison with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Update and maintain engineering records and site drawings as required within the scope of projects