(Plastic Consumables Packaging)
Excellent salary and benefits package:
- Reporting to the Purchasing Director
- Opportunity to work with global brands
- In-house incentives
- Work based pension scheme - 3% employer and 5% employee
- Free onsite parking – fabulous offices!
- 23 days annual leave raising to 25 after 2 years, plus statutory bank holidays
Our prestigious Client is a UK owned and managed business with nearly 80 years of product history. They produce goods principally for the UK Retail markets and over the last 6 – 8 years, this multimillion-pound business has tripled in size and has built up an enviable reputation for delivering a high-quality service to a broad spectrum of customers.
Now seeking an experienced Purchasing Buyer to join their team at the Leeds site, you must have a proven background in purchasing plastic consumable packaging, this experience is ESSENTIAL and applications not showing this experience unfortunately will not be considered, the role is very fast paced, and our client requires a candidate with the right experience who can hit the ground running.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Own ongoing pricing/contract negotiations with existing and prospective new suppliers
- Work closely with Commercial, Marketing and Manufacturing teams to deliver bespoke packaging solutions as required by the business
- Support Materials Planning and the Quality Assurance teams to help them resolve any issues with packaging performance
- Challenge the current ‘status quo’ and devise/implement initiatives to further reduce packaging supply costs
- Be pro-active in ongoing communications with suppliers to ensure that our client has priority access to new packaging developments which could help provide further ‘points of difference’ to the clients offering
- Ongoing maintenance of packaging supplier pricing/specification records which are pivotal for managing the business
Key attributes and experience required:
- Confident, self-starter, able to work on own initiative following initial briefing.
- Proven experience in purchasing and procurement across a broad range of plastic consumer containers and closures, container labels/sleeves and cardboard transit packaging sourced direct from primary manufacturers and via distributors
- Highly numerate, logical thinker
- Strong multi-functional communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Degree/ Diploma in relevant discipline, preferably Business / Supply Chain or Logistics
If you feel you have the skills for this role and are interested in applying, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
GDPR Disclaimer: Please appreciate that whilst we review all CVs and applications, due to the high volume that we receive on a regular basis, we only respond to candidates that have been successful with their application. As such, if you do not hear from us within 14 working days, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. Additionally, please note that sending a CV does not constitute a registration with THE Agency (Recruitment) Limited. In line with GDPR we will permanently delete information for all unsuccessful applications, and we will not keep candidate information on file for future vacancies at this stage of our process.