Role: Our prestigious Client is a UK owned and managed business with nearly 80 years of product history. They produce goods principally for the UK Retail markets and over the last 6 years, this multimillion-pound business has tripled in size and has built up an enviable reputation for delivering a high-quality service to a broad spectrum of customers.
Now seeking an experience Mechanical Engineer to join their team at Redditch.
You will have responsibility and accountability for managing all aspects of maintenance for the site, including equipment. This is a 'hands on' maintenance position that works closely with production to achieve production and quality to ensure continuity of the process.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To maintain all the plant, equipment, buildings, and related infrastructure, including planned and reactive maintenance, to the required Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental standards.
- Ensure that machinery is ready for use at start up, support where needed.
- Ensure that all maintenance, repairs, improvements, and developments are undertaken safely, efficiently, effectively and at minimum cost across all aspects of the site’s equipment, processes, site services and buildings.
- To ensure that contractors under engineering control follow instructions correctly in order to minimise risk of health and safety and environmental incidents.
- To devise, develop, modify, and improve maintenance procedures in line with manufacturers’ recommendations and the knowledge of group and site experience.
- To assist with process and production to continuously improve operations, safety and to minimise waste and energy.
- To manage contractors for project, servicing, or specialist maintenance work as necessary to ensure compliance with legislation, food safety and site hygiene standards and requirements
- Effective communication with Production and Technical. To work closely and meet regularly with team leaders and managers from operations to understand their needs and objectives.
- To ensure that maintenance records and relevant documentation are kept up to date and retrievable for internal use, customer requirements, and statutory purposes and to ensure that critical equipment and instruments are maintained and calibrated to ensure compliance with the standard requirements.
- To ensure that health and safety equipment is used where required, and instructions followed.
- To liaise with production and technical staff to ensure that any engineering activities on equipment, with the risk of affecting, quality, or legality, is checked for satisfactory completion and cleaning and signed off before the equipment is used.
- Responsible for assisting the management in achieving the company’s environmental, safety and quality objectives and targets.
- Any other duties as required by Senior Management to meet Production and Company needs.
- To seek out and recommend continuous improvement methods to improve and enhance the service provided.