Our prestigious Client is a UK owned and managed business with nearly 70 years of product history. They produce products for the UK and export markets and over the last 5 years, this multimillion-pound business has grown by over 60% and they are delighted, due to expansion to present an exciting newly created role for a Materials Planner to join their Redditch offices. Reporting to the Senior Materials Planner, this role is to ensure that the supply of materials meet the production schedule and minimum stock levels to ensure operational and production continuity.
The Materials Planner will deliver efficient, effective and flexible solutions to meet production requirements, and be responsible for maintaining strong relationships
internally and externally to ensure supply of materials meets requirements.
- Scheduling the supply of materials/components to meet production requirements and minimum safety stock levels
- Assessing volume requirements against planning assumptions
- Day-to-day order management and management of deliveries
- Understanding and managing risks to minimise impact on production schedule
- Taking follow-up actions in relation to material shortages that affect production and escalate to management
- Implementing all processes to agreed standards and targets and support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement
- Utilising the IT system that is in place and ensure that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required
- General administration duties such as Transferring of stocks/materials, raising and booking of Purchase Orders, using the I.T systems
- Monitoring the integrity of Bill of Materials (BOM) and manage inventory accuracy
- Supporting inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy, minimising obsolete stock and ensuring business is left with minimum liability
- Creating regular statistical reports and analysis, updating others in the organisation
- Covering other Material and Customer Service duties when required due to absence or annual leave
- Generating and communicating supplier material delivery schedules and forecasts to ensure they reflect requirements and meet demands
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with suppliers and ensure demand for materials is met and deliveries made on time
- Building and maintaining internal relationships with all Internal Departments
- Adhering to health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of self, staff and visitors
This Materials Planner role is ideal for someone who is assertive and resilient, optimistic and flexible, welcoming change. Somebody who is engaging and able to build positive working relationships with internal and external colleagues is vital, engaging interest and participation of others that they work with. A proactive member of the team who contributes and gets stuck in is vital, with a collaborative approach to work. Self-motivation and the ability to work under pressure are also important values for the Materials Planner to have.
Candidates must have:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to form and maintain good relationships with internal and external colleagues
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the costs, production, manufacture and customer order fulfilment
- Results oriented and organised, with the ability to plan and deliver to deadlines
- Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
If you are interested in this role, please contact Kim: [email protected]. Send a copy of your CV alongside an outline as to how you fit the role.
GDPR Disclaimer: Please appreciate that whilst we review all CVs and applications, due to the high volume that we receive on a regular basis, we only respond to candidates that have been successful with their application. As such, if you do not hear from us within 14 working days, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. Additionally, please note that sending a CV does not constitute a registration with THE Agency (Recruitment) Limited. In line with GDPR we will permanently delete information for all unsuccessful applications, and we will not keep candidate information on file for future vacancies at this stage of our process.