Role: Our client is an extremely well established and highly renowned Cleckheaton based business who are looking to recruit an experienced Import Account Manager.
You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of your clients. The successful candidate will have previous industry experience within the air and sea transport industry and knowledge of HMRC systems and regulations. The candidate will ensure they have excellent communication skills, dealing with their customers and suppliers.
- Handle FCL and LCL sea freight shipments with good knowledge of all incoterms
- HMRC knowledge of all import and export regulations and systems knowledge to achieve clients’ goals
- Ability to complete customs entries and have knowledge of CNS, MCP systems
- Using Sequoia and Boxtop forwarding systems
- Looking after customers’ requirements and expectations and managing queries when required
- Handle daily bookings from overseas agents, look after client’s delivery bookings, clearance requirements, invoicing, and cost control
- Daily, weekly, and monthly reporting to line managers with regards to shipment status
- Work with our sales team to ensure smooth relationships with sea and air carriers and ensure the best price and service from suppliers
- Maintain supplier relationships but also look for new suppliers to add and provide to the network
- Will provide holiday cover to operations team when required
- Grow the operations by dealing with new potential clients and securing new business wins from the sales team when required