Role: Our prestigious Client is a UK owned and managed business with nearly 80 years of product history. They produce goods principally for the UK Retail markets and over the last 6 years, this multimillion-pound business has tripled in size and has built up an enviable reputation for delivering a high-quality service to a broad spectrum of customers.
Now seeking an experienced Development Chemist to join their team at their Redditch site, with a proven background in FMCG product delivery who will form part of the NPD team and will support development and commercial activities. As a skilled development chemist, you will be primarily responsible for new product development and cost effectiveness programs.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within the homecare sector and possess evidence of product delivery, innovation, and effective time management.
The ability to develop relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers is crucial as the role will require significant overlap with production, quality, and commercial sides of the business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development of the NPD pipeline, making use of external bodies, suppliers etc. to leverage new technologies for potential business impact, differentiated innovations
- Keep abreast of market developments, building insights and identifying opportunities for new formats
- Manage own workload effectively ensuring activities are aligned with business timings and project budgets
- Support project management activities as required - SDS preparation, back of pack declarations etc.
- Present to internal and external stakeholders on project milestones
- Provide product briefings/ status updates to suppliers and 3rd parties, when required