Role: Our prestigious client urgently requires temporary dental triage nurses to work in their booking centres in Huddersfield, HD2 and Leeds, LS7. The positions are to start as soon as possible.
The service operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year which will include Bank Holidays. All staff are expected to work on Bank Holidays should their shift fall on that day.
Our client is looking to recruit to cover the following shifts based in Huddersfield or their Leeds office:
- Night shifts – Monday to Friday
- Weekend shifts – Saturday and Sunday
The successful candidates may be expected to do extra shifts depending upon workload; therefore, flexibility is key.
Your duties will include:
- To respond to dental patient calls transferred from NHS 111 in a professional and timely manner, in line with all relevant protocols/procedures and key performance indicators for the service
- To provide evidence based clinical assessment, prioritisation and advice over the telephone working within clinical capabilities and competencies and in line with the NHS Pathways Dental Module
- To identify those patients, appropriate to be booked into an urgent dental care appointment and prioritise need when booking into an appointment, taking into account patient circumstances/preferences as appropriate
- To ensure that patients are given correct information relating to exemption from payment of dental charges
- To ensure that patients who are not appropriate to be booked into an urgent dental care appointment are provided with relevant information regarding self-care and/or finding a regular dentist using the Directory of Services (DOS) and/or the NHS Choices website
- To strive to improve performance and quality as needed, in line with clinical governance and performance review policies/procedures