Customer Services Representative
Our prestigious client is a global organisation, market leading for positions across an area of expertise largely under the umbrella of banking and finance. This is an exciting opportunity to join their busy operational team as a Customer Services Representative.
On a day to day basis, you will be carrying out duties relating to investors, answering calls and responding to emails from Independent Financial Advisors, private investors, fund managers and other clients.
Being a Customer Services Representative involves:
- Answering enquiries from investors and their representatives, by telephone or e-mail
- Providing the broadest range of information about the investors holding, transactions undertaken, the funds in question, and the services being offered
- Attempting to resolve queries at first point of contact, or escalate if needed
- Updating systems and arranging any necessary correspondence
- Providing information on request regarding the funds and changes that may impact them
- Call filtering passing calls for other departments through to them when require
Our client wants their Customer Services Representative employees to become well-respected industry professionals, so as part of the role they will be offering full study support for the Investment Operations Certificate. They will provide books, regular lecturing, mock exams, study leave and a community that can really support you through your studies. The IOC forms part of the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment and is recognised as a Professional Qualification in over 50 countries.
They ideally seek a candidate who has experience of working within the Financial Services or Banking industries or has a strong Customer Service background, working in a high-volume processing environment.
Candidates need to have strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks. The ability to work well under pressure and keep to tight deadlines is crucial, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Candidates must have:
- GCSE Maths and English grade C or above, or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Previous experience of working within a Contact Centre or Customer Services role
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to changing situations
- Good team working attitude
- Ability to process and interpret complex information
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office
- Experience of working within Financial Services (desirable)
Benefits of working for our client include:
- 23 days holidays which increases in-line with service
- Pension scheme, life cover and the opportunity to opt-in to additional benefits such as Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Cycle to work scheme etc.
- Parking on site
- Subsidised canteen serving breakfast and lunch
- Subsidised high street coffee shops on site
- Free shuttle service from Leeds Bus Station and Leeds Train Station twice an hour from 6AM to 11PM
- Free office fruit baskets delivered twice per week
- Within walking distance of the White Rose Shopping Centre
- Easy access to M62, M621 and a 5-minute drive to Leeds City Centre
Please note that this office will relocate from their current location to Leeds City Centre from October 2019 and throughout 2020 as part of a phased move.
If you are interested in this role, please contact: [email protected]
GDPR Disclaimer: Please appreciate that whilst we review all CVs and applications, due to the high volume that we receive on a regular basis, we only respond to candidates that have been successful with their application. As such, if you do not hear from us within 14 working days, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. Additionally. please note that sending a CV does not constitute a registration with THE Agency (Recruitment) Limited. In line with GDPR we will permanently delete information for all unsuccessful applications and we will not keep candidate information on file for future vacancies at this stage of our process.