Role: This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Contracts Manager to join a very successful sub-contracting company that is growing year on year.
The Contracts Manager role will involve meeting clients on a regular basis and building and growing a relationship such that our client secures repeat business through customer satisfaction and delivering what they say will to the highest possible standard. The successful candidate must have very good leadership skills and be able to work closely with trades’ people and be able to communicate effectively with customers. It is essential to have a construction background to at least a site manager’s level, if you have knowledge of the fire protection industry this would be desirable but not essential as our client will train the right person in this field. However, you must hold a current full drivers UK licence as there will be a lot of travelling involved throughout the M62 corridor.
The ideal candidate would be presentable, prepared to work hard to meet deadlines and work well in a small team environment. Our client is looking for a candidate who blends in and works effectively and efficiently
Day to day duties will involve:
- Getting a full understanding of client requirements from tender documentation
- Running numerous ongoing sites daily
- Attend pre-start meetings prior to commencement on site
- Agree programme against clients availability
- Schedule materials to be ordered in time for application
- Attend site to show workforce what is to be done
- Attend site regularly to ensure work is being carried out to correct standard
- Pick up any additional works to be carried out
- Get works signed off formally with customer as works progress
- Communicate effectively with Managing Director, office team and customers