Role: Our client is looking for a highly experienced Communications & Engagement Lead with a strong public or NHS sector background. This is an exciting newly created position.
The role is Monday to Friday and hours will be between 22.5 to 37.5 per week, although you must be available every day of the week to work around the flexibility this responsible position requires.
To support the development, preparation and deliver the communication and marketing strategy focusing on internal and external communications, engaging with stakeholders including the local community, partners, members, and more importantly own staff. This will be through internal communication channels, social media, website, print media and word of mouth.
Through an understanding of the business strategy and company values, build and maintain a regularly updated engagement and communications plan with scheduled communications and where appropriate events, activities, new ideas, initiatives, and areas for improvement.
Deliver processes and guidelines for all engagement, communication, and values, based branding. Maintain proof reading and strong attention to detail when working under pressure.
Community & Staff Engagement
- Work with the management team to identify ways to improve staff engagement, build understanding and embed processes and organisational developments
- Help raise awareness, establish local connections, and stimulate interest
- Participate in community events, represent the organisation at local meetings, and support relevant community-led local initiatives
- Seek out new opportunities with key community groups to drive engagement
- Liaise with a range of stakeholders to promote understanding
Communications & Relationships
- To jointly line manage the Corporate Apprentice
- To promote effective cross-functional working and support the achievement of objectives, standards, and protocols of other directorates
- To prepare communications about the performance and development of services, internally and externally as required
Print & Digital Marketing
- Manage the website in accordance with guidelines and content plans
- Plan, create and edit high quality content to maintain an active social media presence across a range of different social media platforms in line with current trends
- Frequently monitor analytics to measure and improve digital marketing activities
- Use high quality visual content for online and offline marketing channels
- Establish, develop, and manage a central bank of photography and film
- Manage the production and print of marketing materials for target audiences, by writing/ editing copy, selecting imagery, ensuring accuracy, obtaining media permissions, and following brand guidelines
- Work with partners and internal teams to develop a regular stream of stories that are promoted both internally and externally, via the press, website, and social media channels
General Marketing Communications
- Develop and deliver promotion for internal and external events, campaigns, and partnerships
- Conduct research, monitoring and evaluation activities to track the effectiveness of promotional campaigns
- Project manage the logistics of external marketing events
- Prepare materials for relevant meetings and take notes as required
- To ensure that the quality of patient care is firmly at the centre of the postholders way of working and output
- To ensure financial policies and procedures are adhered to and that best value for money is achieved
- To provide business cases as required
- To operate and ensure the team operates within information governance protocols and that business confidentiality is always maintained.
- To ensure all staff has received the defined company induction programme and core training for their role and mandatory refresher training thereafter and that accurate records of training are maintained
- To ensure all staff receive an annual performance and development review incorporating the development of a personal development plan
- To seek feedback on their leadership